COVID-19 policies and precautions
We recognize that the financial impact of COVID-19 means that many people may need to find ways to both save money by purchasing secondhand items or to earn extra income by selling gently used items.
Please follow these COVID-19 policies and precautions:
- our posting policy prohibits the sale of items related to COVID-19
- social distancing through contactless exchange
- cleaning and sanitizing measures
- general preventive practices
For more information, go to used.ca/COVID19Hide
Westshore Motocross: 5 ways to experience action on two wheels
Learn to ride in a safe, fun environment
Remember when you first learned to ride a bicycle – the freedom and the exhilaration you felt at rolling along on two wheels?
At a dirt track behind Western Speedway in Langford, riders of all ages are discovering how much fun it can be to add a motor to your two-wheeler.
Whether you’re a brand new or experienced dirt biker, riding in a safe environment can be a great way to spend your summer days or evenings, says Jeff Evernden, owner of Westshore Motocross.“It’s a fun, adventurous sport for the whole family,” he says. “And we’ve got everything you need, from the bikes to safety equipment. There’s nowhere else like this on the Island.”
Summer’s a great time to check out Westshore Motocross:
1.Start off with the basics – Riders age four or older can learn the basics of dirt bike riding on an appropriately sized bike. Westshore Motocross even provides training wheels for the youngest riders! “We make it super easy, all you need to do is walk in and be willing to do it,” Evernden says. “It’s good if you can already ride a bicycle.”
2. Spend your birthday at the track – If you have a group of friends or family with or without riding experience, why not bring them out for a day on the track to celebrate your birthday? Bikes and safety equipment are provided, and reduced prices are available for larger groups.
3. Try motocross for team building – Wondering where your next office or team gathering will be? Westshore Motocross is well set up to host your company, community group or team for a high-adrenaline outing.
4. Why not try a kids motocross camp this summer? For young riders aged seven to 14, week-long camps feature everything from dirt bike riding instruction to a range of other outdoor activities on the All Fun complex next door. The summer’s first camp is underway, but three more are planned: July 22-26, Aug. 12-16 and Aug. 26-30. A daily drop-in option is also available.
5. Watch the action up close – Westshore Motocross has a full schedule of races from March to November. Feel the excitement of seeing experienced riders of all ages do battle on the track!
If your youngster hasn’t yet found their recreational passion, or if you’re looking for a different outdoor activity, motocross riding could be the answer, Evernden says.
“Not all stick-and-ball sports work for every kid,” he says. “No matter your age, you can just show up and go riding. It’s an extreme sport in a relatively safe and controlled environment.”