The Good Food Box is a non-profit alternative fruit and vegetable distribution system. We purchase the highest quality produce and ensure variety, freshness and affordability. We prioritize locally grown, unsprayed produce with a focus on seasonal fruits and vegetables. The program relies heavily on the support of volunteers to keep Good Food Box prices low to ensure everyone has access to fresh fruits and veggies.
Volunteer job duties
Our Volunteer Agency Driver would be given up to 40 Good Food Boxes a week, which are delivered to agencies along a given route. Fernwood NRG will provide you with a map of the deliveries. This role does require some repetitive lifting to place the boxes in your car and take them out. The time commitment is about 3.5 hours every Wednesday. Our Volunteer Agency Driver needs to be available between 11am and 1:30pm starting in January. In recognition of your volunteer service, we offer $20 for gas, and a Good Food Box.
What do you need to join the team?
* To be available Wednesdays from 11am-1:30pm
*Have a valid Class 5 Driver's license
* Have access to a reliable truck or van - we will need to know the make, model, license plate number
* Car insurance - we will need to make a copy for our records
* A clean drivers abstract - easily downloaded from ICBC's website
*Ability to perform some repetitive light to moderate lifting
* Completed Criminal Record Check, for people working with venerable adults and children
Please email or call if you are interested in volunteering with us.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|