COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
$22 · Transition House Counsellor, casual
1) Provide in person and phone crisis counselling and practical support for women and children impacted by family violence
2) Participate in the daily tasks to support program operations
3) Work collaboratively and contribute to the health of the staff team
- In-depth understanding of the dynamics and impacts of violence against women.
- Knowledge and expedience with a client-centred, trauma informed approach to crisis support.
- Strong crisis support skills for working with women who use substances and/or have mental health challenges.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships across diverse cultures and support their protocols, beliefs and traditions.
- A combination of direct related experience and relevant training and education.
- be flexible, self-directed; reliable; able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license.
- Current 1st Aid Certification (Emergency with child & adult CPR)
- Satisfactory criminal records check.
- Solid availability for short call shift work (see below).
- Close proximity to Duncan.
We require a commitment to keep strong availability for shifts Monday through Friday.
Day shift is 8 am - 4 pm;
Bridging shift is 11 - 7 pm;
Afternoon shift is 3:15 - 11:15 pm;
Overnight shift is 10:30 pm - 8:30 am.
As a casual position, the frequency of shifts is dependent on regular staff absence (i.e. vacation, sick). This position would combine well with retirement, a regular part time or casual position elsewhere. If you are looking for full time work,please do not apply.
Please provide your resume along with:
1) a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself
2) details about your availability (as per above info)
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Somenos House encourages applicants who may contribute or expand our capacity to serve the broad diversities of our communities.
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||July 07, 2020|
|Expiry||August 06, 2020|