- PERMANENT PART-TIME Manager position
- WAGE RANGE: $22.00 to $26.00 hourly, plus benefits prorated to hrs worked
- HOURS: 20 hrs per week, growing with an expanded business, varying between 4 and 5 days per week including Saturdays.
- Retail management: 3 years preferred
- Volunteer recruitment & development (hiring and training): 3 years preferred
- Business management diploma preferred
When applying, please note your availability and potential start date in your cover letter.
- In collaboration with the Thrift Store Board develop a strategic plan to grow the annual sales.
- Recruit, select, develop, and retain volunteers to receive, sort and sell goods donated to the Thrift Store.
- Receive goods, distribute items to the store area, recycle materials; remove items not sold; organize storage areas; sort, price and remove non-saleable items.
- Oversee all aspects of merchandising including layout, displays, pricing and signage.
- Resolve conflicts arising with customers or volunteers.
- Develop a social media presence (Used Victoria, Craig's List, etc.) for the sale of items with significant value.
- Track sales, expenditures, inspection, incident, and additional reports needed to operate the Thrift Store.
- Demonstrate strong supervisory skills and introduce changes to an established enterprise.
- The work involves the handling of used goods and the lifting of objects of up to 40 lbs. The Manager is expected to foster a comfortable and friendly but fast-paced environment.
- Apply the current principles of business to a retail social enterprise.
- Collaborate with a volunteer board in making decisions regarding the operation and growth of the Store.
- Resolve conflict and coach others in maintaining a respectful workplace.
- Be self-sufficient with desktop tools (internet, email, phone, computer, and social media).
- Work varying hours depending on the time of year and events scheduled.
- Subject to a satisfactory police record check and driver's abstract.
- Self-sufficiency in desktop tools: internet, email, phone, computer, and social media
FULL job description available on request.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|