Skyline Engineering Ltd. is a Victoria based structural engineering consulting firm designing multi-storey residential, commercial, institutional, educational, healthcare, marine, and recreation projects. Skyline Engineering is well respected in the local area with a diverse list of projects, from single family residential to large (>60$M) commercial projects.
Skyline Engineering is seeking an Engineer in Training with 0 to 4 years of experience to add to our current staff of 12, who is eager to work in the structural design field. We require candidates with a keen interest in structural engineering design and construction. The position includes a mix of field and office engineering work on varying types of projects with exceptional opportunities to gain valuable work experience. The candidate will be expected to prepare calculations for concrete, steel, timber, and aluminum structures and manage the construction phase of projects including site review, attendance at site meetings preparing and issuing instructions and sketches to site. Candidates with a strong emphasis on structural design during their university studies are preferred.
Skyline Engineering offers opportunity for growth and advancement in our growing company. We offer a competitive salary structure, taking into account existing experience levels.
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
* 0 - 4 years of experience.
* Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Requires experience with current Canadian concrete, wood and steel codes.
* Requires valid BC driver's license (personal vehicle is an asset).
* Experience with structural engineering software (ETABS, SAAP, S-Frame) is an asset.
* Experience with building construction is an asset.
* Must be eligible to work in Canada.
* Only successful potential candidates will be contacted.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|