COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
Staff Accountant - Christ Church Cathedral School
Christ Church Cathedral School is Victoria's Anglican School for Jr. K to grade 8. Our organization is growing, and an opportunity is now available to join our team.
We seek a part-time Staff Accountant, reporting to the Director of Finance, to perform all accounting functions and support the administration on all financial management issues. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is able to be strategic with procedures and systems. Hours and days of work are flexible but will average approximately 16 - 24 hours per week. Hours may increase during critical reporting periods or as the position evolves.
* Accounts Payable (AP) transactions
* Accounts Receivable (AR) transactions
* Preparation of year-end tuition and childcare tax receipts
* Processing and recording of all banking related deposits: e-transfers, PADs, government funding, and preparation of bank deposits
* Perform asset recording and depreciation accounting
* Assist in providing information for creating the annual budget
* Support month-end and year-end processes - provide monthly financial performance reports and comparison to budget to Director of Finance
* Provide necessary oversight to meet CRA and other regulatory requirements for registered charities
* Degree in accounting and prior experience working in a registered charity environment; accounting designation (CPA) not required but a definite asset
* Competence in internal controls, financial management and reporting
* Knowledge of Simply (Sage50) Accounting
* Ability to grasp new software programs
* Good Excel skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Demonstrated record-keeping skills; ability to meet reporting and regulatory requirements
* Ability to manage the workload independently; excellent people skills; ability to deal with a range of stakeholders
The position will remain open until filled. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please reply via email with a cover letter and resume.
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Expiry||August 23, 2020|