Downtown Victoria law firm looking for a receptionist/junior legal assistant to fill entry-level position.
We practice in various areas of law, however experience and/or interest in criminal law, family law and litigation would be beneficial. Experience with daily bookkeeping would also be helpful.
This position entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- operating office equipment, such as phone system, photocopy machine, fax, dictation software, etc.
- maintaining calendars for several lawyers
- scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements
- processing and recording payments
- mail processing
- ordering office supplies
- drafting letters and court documents
- maintaining files and file systems, both hardcopy and electronic
- assisting with maintaining daily accounting records
- other administrative duties as required
There is room to learn and grow within our firm. The office is fast-paced and professional. A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 0 to 3 years of legal or administrative experience
- full time availability
- be proficient in multitasking
- customer service skills and/or experience
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- ability to work independently without supervision
- professionalism and ability in dealing with sensitive and highly confidential information
- excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office
If you are interested in this position, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those that apply, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|