COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
$24 · Outreach Worker
This is a Part-Time, Term Position with the Aboriginal Coalition to End Homelessness (ACEH) as an Outreach Worker. Working collaboratively with the Indigenous Street Community Advocate (ISCA) and reporting to the Executive Director the Outreach Worker is responsible for providing support, advocacy, resources, and referrals, and to assist individuals transitioning into housing.
* Coordinate the deliveries of Nourishment Boxes (shopping, packaging, inventory, volunteer drivers); includes PPE and Cultural Supplies
* Maintain communication with various assigned Cohorts
* Maintain tracking, reporting and budgeting
* Direct outreach as assigned in collaboration with the ISCA; case load will fluctuate between 4 to 8 individuals weekly
* Assist people to attend culturally supportive events and land-based healing camps
* Support residence; assigned to one of the ACEH culturally supportive houses
Required to complete the Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment.
Required valid Driver's License and vehicle
Education in a related field and/or significant proven experience related to this position, e.g., advocacy, liaison, support worker, project planning and coordination.
● Required - experience or personal insights into working cooperatively and non-judgmentally with people with disabilities, lived experience, addictions, etc.
● Required - experience working with Indigenous peoples and an awareness of the impacts of colonization.
Skills and Ability
● Excellent ability to deal professionally, effectively and non-judgmentally with a broad range of personalities, needs, cultures and abilities
● Strong writing skills and excellent verbal communication skills
o Solid time management skills, with the ability to complete and prioritize a variety of tasks within a given timeline
o Accurately track and submit program expenses, invoices, and stipends tracking
● Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office products
Preference will be given to qualified candidate with Indigenous ancestry.
Term: Expected start date Aug 10th, 2020 to Jan 29th, 2021. Hours of work, 9:00 - 3:30, 5 days per week
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||July 09, 2020|
|Expiry||August 08, 2020|
|Details||New, Commercial Seller|