Randstad is now looking for a maintenance assistant in Greater Victoria.
Being a part of this clients' team means a worthwhile, meaningful career.
If you¹re a caring, compassionate, dependable and hardworking individual, Randstad would like to hear from you
This position functions to maintain and repair the equipment, operating systems, structure and grounds of the residence.
* Executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations to electrical, mechanical plumbing equipment and building.
* Paints, performs minor carpentry and maintains exterior grounds except those services performed under service contract.
* At regular intervals, inspects the entire premises from a maintenance and safety standpoint and files required reports with supervisor.
* Adheres to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices.
* Maintain customer service standards by completing residents' requests and by resolving their problems & complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
* Maintaining a safe, attractive and efficient work atmosphere.
* May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors.
* May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required)
* Able to use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping and safety equipment's.
* Ability to self regulate and work independently
* Good gardening knowledge would be an asset.
* Must be capable of performing necessary physical duties including the movement of heavy objects
* Must be familiar with and able to carry out minor repairs to facility and equipment
* Knowledge and training in plumbing, electrical, heating, water, gas, mechanical, plastering and painting
* Knowledge of Health and Safety, WHMIS and Emergency Preparedness procedures.
* Must possess valid driver's license.
* This Full-Time position includes Full Benefits after three months.
* 6 sick days
* $20-24 hr depending on experience
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|