We are seeking a couple to live in and share a well maintained and situated Oak Bay residence with our daughter—a healthy, active and very sociable, fully-mobile (no physical lifting assistance required) 24 year-old woman who has autism and developmental disabilities (DD).
Opportunity for a younger (or active, mature) couple with the right values and background that this position requires, who have a solid, committed relationship, to consider this as either a great stepping-stone position for to save for their future.
Applicants' Qs & Rs:
- Assist our daughter in daily life activities and continued integration into her local community after her day program. Mon - Fri she attends a day program 8:30 to 3:30 so this represents potential free time for her companions. Also opportunity for time off offered by the parents' proximity.
- Reside with her in a designated portion of the family owned duplex with independent private access. Parents reside in another portion of the duplex which is located 3-min walk to Oak Bay Village and 10-min ride to UVic.
- Be team players and work collaboratively with her support network (parents and day program staff)
- Are non-smokers, health conscious, in good health, and lead an active life style
- Are neat, tidy, clean, well-organized and detail-oriented as she responds well to a scheduled day and learns by example
- Skilled in typical household chores i.e. cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. so they can assist and maintain her life-skills
- Learn and adhere to her behavioural plan and learning style and programs. She has been in an applied behaviour analysis (ABA) program since she was three—has a behavioural plan in place under the supervision of a BCBA
- Previous experience working with individuals with DD—a background in education, psychology, or medical fields is an asset
- Must be safety conscious
Clear Criminal Record check, First Aid certification and CPR endorsement.
Must be legally able to work in Canada and be fluent in English
- Have a current drivers licence and preferably own their own vehicle
Remuneration: negotiable, and substantial monthly amount plus possible subsidized accommodation costs.
Contract commitment: 1-2 years.
Flexible starting date
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|