COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
LGBTQ2S+ Employment & Skills Training Program
QmunityWORKS is an online based employment training program, that aims to support the LGBTQ2S+ and ally community in gaining secure employment (aged 17+), all from the comfort of home! Need a career change or want to boost your resume? QmunityWORKS is for you!
*Program will not affect those receiving CERB, Employment Insurance, Persons with Disabilities and/or Income Assistance*
By providing a safe and inclusive environment, we focus on enhancing life skills, developing job readiness, providing community and work support, and achieving sustainable employment for every participant.
This FREE government-funded program includes 6 weeks of virtual classroom training (which can be accessed anywhere on Vancouver Island, BC) followed by 12 weeks of employment, self-employment, and/or education.
QmunityWORKS includes lessons in:
* Employment Readiness
* Interview Skills and Resume Building
* Job Search Strategies
* Providing Work Supports
* Achieving Job Sustainability
* Interpersonal Life Skills
* Identity in the Workplace
Our QmunityWORKS team of educators, job developers and career coaches are committed to working with participants in overcoming employment challenges, developing personal and work-related skillsets, and identifying and securing meaningful career opportunities.
* Job supports available such as wage subsidy, transportation, disability support, short-term training (i.e. first aid, FoodSafe), work gear etc. available
* Paid allowance for attendance
* Online classroom, access anywhere
* Continuous support for up to 42 weeks
Interested in finding secure employment while building your skillsets? Contact us today to join our upcoming autumn session!
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||September 02, 2020|
|Expiry||October 02, 2020|