Reporting to the Head Chef, acts as an integral member of the Kids & Company team to assist in the overall management of day to day operations of all food preparation and cooking at the kitchen, through the conscientious application of Kids & Company standards to achieve our mission statement: to provide the highest quality primary and back up childcare services conveniently located near our children's parents place of work. We aim to assist corporations in creating a healthy work/life balance.
* Duties may include cooking, baking and food preparation under the supervisor of the head chef
* Responsible for portioning and preparing all snack items on the menu.
* Ensure safe food storage and disposal; includes taking daily logs of food temperature and refrigerator/freezer temperatures.
* In addition to regular food production schedule, kitchen assistant is responsible for assisting head chef in preparing special meals and snacks for all allergen children, vegetarians and any other special dietary needs.
* Complies with all health and hygiene requirements under all food safety and handling legislation.
* Assists kitchen operations including scheduled cleaning and sanitizing of appliances, counters cupboards and drawers.
* Require to prepare food for field trips, school age programs and community events from time to time.
* Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time on the needs of the daycare centres.
* 1 - 2 years of Kitchen Assistant related experience.
* High School diploma/GED equivalency required; College/University coursework in culinary related program preferred.
* Current Food Handler Certification.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in a daycare environment would be an asset.
* Experience working in a high-volume kitchen environment.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
* Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and a strong team player.
* Selected candidate must have 2 pieces of valid government ID, and must be able to pass a background criminal check.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|