A new digital media agency in the Cowichan Valley is seeking an entry-level videographer to work with us on shoots across Vancouver Island. Ideally, this candidate will also be able to help with post production. Starting on a part-time/contract basis, with the goal of ramping up in hours and remuneration over the next 6 months.
Required Skills & Strengths:
- Basic understanding of the principles of photography & videography
- Strong grasp of editing software including Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience operating video camera(s) for professional clients and/or independent film projects.
- Great customer service; friendly and professional.
- Experience setting up and monitoring recorded audio (on camera or externally).
- Basic understanding of key lighting techniques and tools.
- Willing to work long days on an unpredictable schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- A cell phone, a driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required for this position.
Desirable Additional Skills:
- Experience colour grading in Pr/FCP and/or Davinci Resolve
- Experience editing audio in Audition or ProTools.
- Experience with graphic design and motion graphics and/or basic vfx in Adobe After Effects.
- Excellent grasp of the English language; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and work across a range of mediums, in a variety of different roles.
- Creative, passionate, driven, and a team player!
Please reply with a short CV/resume and any samples of your work.
Please note: This position is located in the Cowichan Valley and requires at least 50% of work to be completed at our office, in addition to travel for shoots and meetings.
Thanks for getting in touch!
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|