Registered Canadian Charity, located in Langford, BC, is looking for a full-time, experienced junior accountant to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. This position forms an essential part of our dynamic team and offers the opportunity to grown within our organization.
The ideal candidate for this position has obtained their BBA in accounting and/or CPA designation or holds the equivalent in related experience. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as the ability to communicate clearly. Experience or knowledge of government contracts an asset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete day to day full cycle operational processes including related financial recording and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
- Preparation and processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Receive and direct all incoming accounting requests and address accordingly
- Manage, create, and maintain all program files as required
- Assist with month end and year-end financial processes
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and related reports for all board meetings
- Prepare profit & loss reports for multiple projects/programs
- Maintain records of charitable donations and responsible for issuing charitable tax receipts and reports as required by Canada Revenue Agency
- Create and implement financial processes to streamline reporting
- Other administrative responsibilities as required by management
Skills & Qualifications:
- BBA in accounting and/or CPA designation or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of CRA compliance and reporting requirements for charities
- Proficient in SAGE (Simply) Accounting software
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe, Internet and related software
- Effective organization, multitasking and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Coachable teammate with an eagerness to learn
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and analyze decisions with broad perspective
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|