COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
Closing Date: July 31, 2020
Salary: To be determined (based on experience & qualifications)
Location(s): 4253 Commerce Circle, Victoria B.C.
Functions to be performed:
* Performs functions to complete month end cutoff and close
* Responsible for General Ledger maintenance
* Performs all posting functions related to General Journal entries and Accounts Payable subledger batches.
* Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
* Prepares daily and monthly management information reports, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
* Perform daily sales entries from retail locations with reconciliation to deposit information.
* Second point of contact for payroll related inquiries from provincial and federal authorities. For example CRA and Worksafe.
* Ensures compliance to Provincial and Federal legislation.
* Ensures compliance to internal policies and procedures functions.
* Reviews and prepares all associated remittances related such as GST and Worksafe filings
* Back up coverage of other accounting functions.
This position is an excellent opportunity to build on your career within our company. This is a developing position and the successful candidate must be flexible to demands as the role develops.
Necessary skill sets:
1-2 years experience in a full accounting cycle environment preferably in an ERP environment preferred.
The ability and understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of company and employee information and maintains that trust of confidentiality
Bachelors Degree in accounting, ideally suited for CPA candidate
Ability to perform data entry for extended periods of time
Attention to detail and thoroughness
The ability to be organized and meet deadlines in a high volume, fast-paced environment is a must
Excellent documentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
Full time availability
Strong capabilities in the use of the MS Word and Excel
Experience with Sage Accpac Accounting Software and / or Payworks Payroll software an asset.
Please email Resume to email provided.
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Expiry||August 23, 2020|
|Details||New, Commercial Seller|