Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Position: Permanent Part-Time
Wage Rate: $15.55 per hour
Hours: 20-34 hours per week; early morning/daytime shifts available.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Custodial Supervisor, the Housekeeper/Custodian will maintain excellent cleaning standards throughout the Downtown Y facility, as well as providing related customer service to members and the public. This position is responsible for providing a clean and safe facility for all members, participants and employees. The primary responsibilities of this position are to clean the fitness facility, including change rooms and washrooms, exercise areas and equipment, office spaces, and public areas at the Downtown YMCA-YWCA. A high standard of housekeeping services, with considerable attention to detail, is required. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a variety of shifts; availability on short notice for coverage is an asset.
This permanent part-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days pro-rated vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period).
- Minimum of 1-3 months cleaning/janitorial experience and some knowledge of cleaning products.
- Good attention to detail and focus on customer service.
- Ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification is required
- A clean Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
To view the FULL job posting, or for application instructions, please visit:
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|