SOOKE SCHOOL DISTRICT (No. 62)
FINANCE TECHNICIAN: RECONCILIATIONS
Under the direction of the Manager, Accounting Services, the Finance Technician: Reconciliations assists in reconciliation of multiple bank accounts using manual and automated routines with high volume of transactions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review district bank accounts and prepare entries to record revenue and expenditures;
* Reconcile Point of Sale machines and prepare appropriate journal entries;
* Prepare bank transfers between school and district bank accounts;
* Ensure bank fees and other NSF entries are recorded, reported, and corrected
* Prepare the districts Operating and Elementary bank reconciliations for approval by Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis;
* Review Middle and Secondary school bank reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
* Reconcile and prepare monthly GST return for submission;
* Export data and prepare entries to record KEV transactions into Powerschool SRB Atrieve ensuring the accounting systems reconcile;
* Prepare a variety of reconciliations and reports using excel; researching accounting discrepancies, determining most appropriate methods to correct discrepancies and preparing corrections.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (A/R)
* Setup and maintain A/R Customers;
* Maintain fee schedule and prepare monthly A/R invoices for district lease contracts;
* Prepare and issue miscellaneous invoices as required;
* Export and review School Cash Catalogue reports to record monthly revenue transactions;
* Monthly reconciliation of the A/R sub ledger;
* Generate monthly aged A/R report and follow up on outstanding balances.
* Completion of a Diploma or Degree in the field of Accounting, or Commerce or similar level of education; AND
* Interest in pursuing in the Chartered Professional Accounting Program.
* Experience in computerized accounting and spreadsheets;
* Accountable for care, accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of work;
* Ability to accurately perform repetitive tasks under minimum supervision;
Please apply online at www.makeafuture.ca/sooke by August 16, 2019.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|