Shambhala Music Festival is now hiring a Finance Assistant to work with our head office team in Nelson, BC!
This position is full-time, year-round. The successful candidate will oversee, receive, and sort all information in regards to monies owing to/from the festival and entering this information into Quickbooks.
- Handle all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable related data entry, utilizing databases, spreadsheets, and Quickbooks accounting software
- Assist Finance Manager with various clerical duties
- Help train temporary employees regarding finance procedures/processing
- Enter expenses and income under the appropriate project numbers for budget tracking and accountability
- Scrutinize system for flaws, and areas to improve efficiency
- Assess expenses that appear inflated; monitor for efficiencies; suggest areas where improvements can be made
- Experience working with QuickBooks or Simply Accounting software
- Above average computer skills, with experience working with databases
- Experience working in office administration or bookkeeping
- Festival/Event experience an asset
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Patient in performing repetitive tasks
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Works well independently and in a team setting
To apply, please send resumes & cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|