Mary's Place Childcare, operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, is looking for an experienced ECE with Infant Toddler credentials and a current BC License to Practice Childcare to join our team. We offer a new, vibrant, and nurturing center for children aged 6 months to 5 years old, with 12 licensed spaces for Infant Toddler and 25 for Preschool.
The Society offers an excellent compensation package including very competitive wages, health and dental benefits, pension plan, and generous vacation entitlements. We are proud to provide a lively and supportive workplace with a strong culture of caring. Our training policy encourages and supports teachers to grow and develop within their profession.
In this position, you will provide infants and toddlers with experiences and opportunities that allow for the development of curiosity, initiative, problem-solving, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to a group. In addition to establishing strong and caring relationships with the children in our care, we work to nurture the parent-child relationship and encourage parental involvement.
* Diploma in Early Childhood Education with Infant and Toddler credentials
* Current BC License to Practice Childcare required
* First Aid Certification - Infant CPR
* Understanding of the Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
* Adherence to the ECE of BC Code of Ethics
* Mature and responsible attitude towards work and coworkers
* Understanding of the issues that affect children and their families
* 1-2 years of experience in an Early Childhood Centre with specialized knowledge in IT programs preferred
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and community members
* Experience working with children with mental and physical disabilities and the community supports available
* Willingness to work flexible hours, including some meetings and events after hours
* Understanding of the Mission and Values of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
* General office management skills
* Ministry of Justice Clearance Letter required prior to commencing employment
$19.13 - $21.52/hr plus benefits. To apply, please send resume and cover letter.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|