Director of the Victoria German School
The Victoria German School is seeking a Director for the 2018/19 school year. This is a part-time position of approx. 15 hours per week.
The director promotes the German language and culture by ensuring high quality of teaching for both adult and children language courses offered by VGS.
The Director is required to manage the operations of the school, including human resources and is directly accountable to the Board, with whom regular meetings will be held.
The Director must act in accordance with the VGS mission statement and with all the decisions that have been or will be approved by the President and the VGS Board of Directors.
The Director has the authority to make decisions on the daily running of the school, while keeping the President regularly informed. More specifically, the Director is responsible for educational programs offered by the school, including the supervision of faculty, the organization of teacher training and faculty meetings, as well as the management of learning resources.
The Director is expected to be at the school during school hours, but especially at the start of the year, to support staff and during important events.
Minimum Essential Requirements:
* Superior competency in German
* Proficient computer skills
* Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
* Goal-oriented, a hands-on manager, and able to identify the need for and initiate action plans to continuously improve the services provided
* Problem-solving, flexible attitude
* Must be eligible to live and work in Canada
* Previous experience in the direction of language schools
* Previous experience in foreign language teaching
* Management experience in a German educational setting
Please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com by April 27th, 2018
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||April 17, 2018|
|Expiry||May 17, 2018|