Dining Room Server
Under the supervision of the Kitchen Supervisor, the Dining Room Servers are responsible for ensuring that residents of Jesken Aerie are provided with a professional dining room experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of tasks but not limited to the maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room and common areas, serving two meals per day, and assisting with set-up and clean-up after recreational activities.
The shift is Friday - Monday, 10am - 6pm.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
* Ensuring that serving station area is washed down and sanitized several times per day;
* Setting up the dining room prior to meal service;
* Serving lunch and dinner;
* Maintaining an awareness of resident's food allergies and specialty diets including any physical disabilities;
* Administering First Aid to Residents in the case of an incident during meal time;
* Maintaining resident and staff confidentiality;
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
* Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
* Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to display tact, respect and diplomacy;
* Ability to work both in a team and independently;
* Ability to work with a positive team-building approach;
* Capable of being socially sensitive to Indigenous issues and concerns;
* Proven ability to be reliable and punctual;
* Have a positive and upbeat personality;
* Ability to take direction and follow procedures;
* Ability to respond effectively and calmly in crisis situations;
Education and Experience:
* Grade 12 or equivalent education
* 2 years' of experience working in a high-volume dining room preferably in a congregate/assisted living setting;
* Occupational Level 1 First Aid certificate
* Food Safe 1
* Criminal Record Check
* Experience in and with the Indigenous community would be an asset
We hire employees of all cultures including Inuit, Metis, Indigenous, status, non-status, and non-Indigenous.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (please self-identify) as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||June 14, 2019|
|Expiry||July 14, 2019|