JOB TITLE: Boatswain - No Experience Required!
Boatswains are the Forces seamanship specialists. They are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the ship's small arms (personal weapons), operation of ships small craft and seamanship equipment.
The Boatswain's range of responsibilities and supervisory duties is wider than in most other sea occupations. Their primary responsibilities are to:
* Operate and maintain shipboard equipment associated with cargo handling and inter-ship personnel, fuel and material transfer at sea
* Operate and maintain a ship's anchor and cable equipment for such tasks as towing, launch and recovery of boats and rescue operations
* Operate and navigate small craft in enclosed waters
* Perform required tasks with a ship's rigging, rope work and lifesaving equipment
* Organize the storage, training and use of small arms, demolitions and ammunition
Pay and Benefits
Starting salary is $ 96.06 per day (full day is 6 hrs or more) with significant increases for time in and promotions.
* No contract - you are not committed to a specific period of service
* We pay you to learn an occupation and trade
* We pay you to develop or further develop leadership skills
* Professional development opportunities
* Summer training, travel and employment opportunities
* Possible educational reimbursement
* Promotion and career advancement
* Dental plan
* Pension plan
Pay your way through Post-Secondary Education
There is the possibility of up to $8000 for post-secondary education reimbursement over your career (up to $2000 per year) in addition to the wages you will earn.
A successful candidate must:
* Be a Canadian Citizen
* Be 16 years of age and full-time student (with parental or guardian consent if under 18), or
* Be 17 years of age (with parental or guardian consent if under 18)
* Meet Canadian Armed Forces medical standards
* Successfully complete selection process, interview and examinations
* Pass a basic physical fitness tests
* Minimum grade 10 education
HMCS MALAHAT, NAVAL RESERVE INFORMATION SESSION
Every Tuesday (Subject to interest-please call or email to confirm) 7:30pm-8:30pm
20 Huron Street, Victoria, BC
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|