Randstad Victoria is currently looking for an assistant controller for our client that is one of the most prestigious home renovation companies on Vancouver Island.
This position is designed for the individual who's hands on, willing to learn type person. As the assistant controller you would help plan and control the full-cycle accounting responsibilities, including preparing monthly financial statements and annual review engagement file, training and assisting 8 administration staff. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be able to liaise with operational managers and staff, and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency while meeting deadlines. Oversee all aspects of accounts payable functions—daily as well as month/year-end processes; ensure invoices are properly processed for payment including proper approval and general ledger coding. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move up in their career.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Research and resolve issues involving Purchasing, Accounts Receivable/Payable
* Compile and distribute daily financial report and research any discrepancies.
* Monitor cash flow, including accounts payable and receivable.
* Prepare financial statements and supporting working paper file.
* Prepare and submit tax returns to government authorities.
* Process payroll.
* Exercise sound judgment and decision making.
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality
* CPA Designation or nearly completed
* Three to five years' experience
* Proficiency with Excel, Caseware and Quikbooks
* Experience in a multi-company environment an asset
What They Offer
* $60k-$70 with an accounting diploma $75k-$85 with CPA
* Group benefits
* Professional development
* Great work life balance
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you - please apply here today and one of our Staffing Consultants will be in touch. All applications are welcome, but only those who meet the requirements will be contacted
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|