Our client is the largest flooring company on Vancouver Island. If you're a hands on, willing to learn type person we have a great opportunity for you. As the assistant controller you would help plan and control the full-cycle accounting responsibilities, including preparing monthly financial statements and annual review engagement file, training and assisting 8 administration staff. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be able to liaise with operational mangers and staff, and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency while meeting deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move up in their career.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare budgets and forecasts and perform variance analysis
· Contribute to the development of financial systems and ensure the security, maintenance and integrity of financial data.
· Monitor cash flow, including accounts payable and receivable.
· Prepare financial statements and supporting working paper file.
· Prepare and submit tax returns to government authorities.
· Process payroll.
· Exercise sound judgement and decision making.
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality
· CPA Designation or nearly completed
· Proficiency with Excel, Caseware and Quikbooks
· Experience in a multi-company environment an asset
· Competitive salary
· Group benefits
· Professional development
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||July 24, 2019|
|Expiry||August 23, 2019|