COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
$65,000 · Accountant
Randstad is looking for a Accountant for a Provincial Recycling program Firm based in Victoria
We are looking for an ambitious, personable, friendly, and professional Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company's finances.
An Accountant will conduct compliance reviews of the environmental fees reported by the program's participants. These reviews are required under the BC Recycling Regulation. The ideal candidate would conducts review of program participants' records to ensure the required environmental fees are being accurately recorded and remitted.
Terms of employment: Full time
Job Title: Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30 am till 4.30 pm (Flexible)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job duties and responsibilities:
* Confirms compliance review schedule, when necessary.
* Attends at participant's business to conduct compliance review (majority of reviews are "on site" but some must be conducted "remotely")
* Discusses program (objectives, etc.) and review process with business owner or delegate (controller, etc.)
* Examines and analyzes the required reports (on-line or hard copy) to determine if eco fees reported accurately (if errors or omissions found - reviews additional data)
* Discusses results with participant (suggests ways to improve going forward, etc., if appropriate)
* Prepares results letter for participant
* Prepares summary of review for file
* Completes review file
* Provides input to program manager with respect to review process, etc.
* Must also be available to conduct reviews across the province.
* Certified Public accountant and have at least 2 + years of auditing experience
* Advanced Microsoft office Excel skills, and be an experienced user of Outlook and Word is required.
* Detail oriented
* Time management
* Excellent Documentation
* Thorough and Objective
* Team player
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||March 11, 2019|
|Renewed||September 15, 2019|
|Expiry||October 15, 2019|
|Details||New, Commercial Seller|