Obara & Company LLP is a Chartered Professional Accounting firm located downtown Victoria. We provide tax, accounting, assurance, bookkeeping and consulting services to individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations in the local community. Our firm is a Pre-approved Training Office with CPABC.
Position available: Accountant/Bookkeeper
We are looking for an Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our team. This position is best suited for someone who enjoys working in a smaller sized firm, gaining experience with a variety of tax and accounting issues and providing value to clients.
Your role would include:
- Preparation of corporate financial statements and T2 tax returns
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Assisting clients with bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and excise tax queries
- Additional opportunities and increased responsibility as you grow with the office
Skills/Qualities we are seeking:
- At least two years of public practice experience or equivalent bookkeeping experience
- Experience with accounting and tax software is an asset (Caseware, Profile, QuickBooks and Sage)
- Proficient with MS Office and general computer technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Handles varied roles and responsibilities and meets deadlines
- A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours during busy times of the year
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
Part-time position available and full-time will be considered. Competitive salary or hourly contractor rates available based on the candidate's experience.
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to this posting or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||January 09, 2020|
|Expiry||February 08, 2020|