New Kids on the Block Daycare is currently accepting applications for an Early Childhood Educator or Infant/Toddler Educator to join our team.
Under the direction of the Team Lead/Manager, educators are responsible for the direct care and supervision of children within the daycare. Working within a team environment, we are seeking an energetic, reliable, flexible, creative and confident individual with a passion for guiding and nurturing children's development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of our team, contributing to the team environment through personal behavior, work contributions and professional knowledge and skills
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members, plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Applicants Qualifications include:
- Clear criminal record check
- BC child care license to practice
- CPR & first aid
Join us and enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including Extended Health and Dental
- 10 paid vacation days each year + paid time off during two-week Christmas break
- 35% off childcare services
- Employer paid workshops & educational courses
- Opportunity for advancement
Our facility hours are 7:30am-5:30pm.
We offer a competitive wage benefits, including the ECE Wage Enhancement and health & dental benefits
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and coverletter to the email provided.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|