Victoria READ Society
Everyone in society has the literacy skills to contribute to their full potential.
As a vibrant, community-based organization we help children, youth and adults gain literacy and essential skills, including reading, writing and mathematics. We respond to the emerging needs of our communities and collaborate to make literacy and essential skills accessible to all.
Our business is learning
At READ we…
• assess individual and community needs
• collaborate to effectively meet learner needs
• inform programs by using best practices
• develop literacy and essential skills programs and curriculum
• teach individuals and groups
• advocate for our students
• facilitate community awareness and understanding about literacy and essential skills
• build confidence and capability in individuals